Saturday, September 19, 2009
nthCode player demo
This video is of nthcode player running on beagle board. The I did uses a keyboard and mouse instead of a TV remote. Nthcode player demo works on only Revision b beagle board. The demo can be booted from an SD card and videos for this demo can be played from a USB flash drive. The file system of the USB flash drive has to be FAT.
In order to make this demo, I had to:
1) download the image from http://www.nthcode.com/player/player.html
2) prepare a bootable SD card. instructions on http://www.sakoman.com/OMAP3/preparing-a-bootable-sd-card.html
3) download all the boot files (MLO, u-boot, uImage-bb) on the "boot" partition of the SD card.
4) untar the "rootfs" in the "rootfs" partition.
5) Change the bootcmd: setenv bootcmd 'mmc init; fatload mmc 0 0x80300000 uImage-bb; bootm 0x80300000'
6) Change the bootargs:
Pico Projector: setenv bootargs 'console=ttyS2,115200n8 console=tty0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rootfstype=ext3 omapfb.vram=1:4M,2:4M omapfb.mode=dvi:640x480MR-16@60'
HD monitor: setenv bootargs 'console=ttyS2,115200n8 console=tty0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rootfstype=ext3 omapfb.vram=1:4M,2:4M omapfb.mode=dvi:hd720-24@60'
VGA monitor: setenv bootargs 'console=ttyS2,115200n8 console=tty0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rootfstype=ext3 omapfb.vram=1:4M,2:4M omapfb.mode=dvi:640x480-16@60'
7) This demo only plays .flv, .avi and .mp4 videos. And only .mp3 audios.
8) The audio codec of the video I was playing was .aac So I had to change it to .mp3 using "super" http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
9) If you need to convert your video/audio files you can use the following steps, if not skip to the next step. Download & Install "super" and follow this steps in order to change video in "super"
- Change the output container format to AVI
- For video select the "Stream Copy" option
- For audio make sure the output audio codec is set to mp3
- Click "Encode (Active Files)" button.
- The resulting AVI file can be copied to a USB flash drive and played on nthplayer
10) In order to play video files, insert the flash drive after the demo is running. In the demo, go to sources and you will find the symbol of the flash drive under loca files. Click on that symbol, which will list the videos on the flash drive. Click on the video you want to play.